Replacing windows in Wichita is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly, as there are a lot to take into consideration. Even a window made of high-quality materials can be damaged easily if not installed properly. That is why it is important to hire a contractor that not only knows your housing needs, but are also experts in installing windows, like us at Renewal by Andersen® of Kansas.
Check the process below to know if your windows were installed properly.
- The contractors took custom measurements of your windows. This preinstallation ritual is a sign that your contractor is an expert at what they do. Custom window measurements ensure that your window fits properly in your house, with no spaces between the window and the wall.
- Proper disposal and removal of your old windows. A good contractor knows how to properly remove your old windows without causing damage to your house; they also dispose of the old windows properly.
- Proper installation of new windows. The custom-made windows will be attached properly, and the contractor will check to see if the fit is right and if the parts and the window as a whole operate smoothly.
- Weatherproofing your windows. The new windows should then be checked: they should be airtight and should function properly.
- Trimming and finishing touches. Before leaving, contractors should clean up, putting everything that was moved out of the way back in its place. They should also ensure that the window trim is visually appealing and that it goes well with the rest of your home.
Now check your newly installed window. It should satisfy all these requirements:
- The window gives a clear outside view.
- The window should be able to provide proper lighting and ventilation.
- A properly installed window must provide great insulation.
- A good window must let fresh air in and not trap stale air.
- Windows must also be sturdy enough to resist any break-in attempts.
- Windows must protect the homeowners from the elements.
The key to a long-lasting window replacement is the choice of high-quality material, proper window installation, and proper maintenance. Having all these three can ensure that your windows in Topeka can withstand pretty much anything. For all your window replacement needs, call Renewal by Andersen of Kansas today.