Windows are essential parts of the house. They offer many benefits such as brightening a dull room and added ventilation.
However, not all windows are made equal and proper care is needed to keep them in top shape. Problematic windows such as broken locks and glass scratches can lead to bigger problems and you don’t want that to happen. The secret in keeping your windows function the way they should be is to consider a window replacement before it’s too late.
But before you do, there are a few things you need to consider. Careful planning is one. Picking the right window type for you should be simple and to help you with that, below are the different styles you can choose from.
Choose a Window Style
There are several Kansas windows that you can choose. With a variety of selections, it is easy to choose a window style that will reflect your personality. All of these styles are available at Renewal by Andersen®, the leading window replacement company in America.
- Double-Hung – It is a perfect addition to a bedroom. It has a single frame with two vertically sliding sashes. As the name suggests, you need to lift it up to open the window.
- Casement – Aside from the kitchen, it will also fit beautifully in bedrooms. It is a hinged window that opens outward to the left or right.
- Picture – This is a stationary window. This type is perfect for living areas and attics. Since it is stationary, you cannot open the pane, but you can enjoy seeing the outdoor view, thanks to the glass window.
- Awning – It is a hinged and picture window molded into one. The windowpane is connected to the top so you can open it outward. It makes a great addition to the living room and the attic, as well.
- Gliding – It is similar to a double-hung window. The only difference is that you can only slide one sash horizontally to open the window. It is perfect for houses with a traditional theme.
- Specialty – This window type helps create a modern look. This type offers several shapes and sizes that you can choose. It is versatile and can match almost every room in the house.
- Bay & Bow – Another type of modernized window. This type allows you to save more energy and creates an illusion of wider space.
Add More Style to Your Window
You can make your windows more personal by adding accessories. Grilles for example, are the most common. Art glasses are also getting popular these days.
The secret in choosing the perfect window is to match it to the overall theme of your house and suit your personal tastes when it comes to functionality and design.
If you need help in choosing your window styles and accessories, we at Renewal by Andersen® can assist you. We are the leading Ulysses windows replacement company in the US. Call us at 855-871-9140 to get a free estimate and inspection.