Investing in energy-efficient windows in Wichita is one of the best ways you can improve your home. You’ll gain significant energy savings each year because these windows can help reduce your reliance on artificial systems. In addition, they create an excellent thermal barrier between your exterior and interior, which in turn can boost your home’s comfort all year round.
If you’re in the market for new windows, be sure to consider our replacement units at Renewal by Andersen® of Kansas. In the first installment of this two-part blog, we discuss the components that make our windows your superior choice for energy efficiency.
- Glass Coatings – All units we install come with High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass that has metal oxide coatings. These advanced coatings are placed on the exterior to make the surface easier to clean and reduce water spotting by up to 99%. On the inside surface of the glass, a multi-layer low-emissivity (Low-E) coating is present. With more layers than ordinary Low-E coated glass, it allows desirable light to pass through while filtering out those that are not.
- Double-Glazing – Double-pane windows in Derby provide better efficiency than single-pane units. The key lies in the amount of air space between the two glass panes. When there is not enough space between them, the benefit of air space reduces, resulting in a decrease in energy efficiency. If the glasses are too far apart, it may lead to increased heat loss. At Renewal by Andersen of Kansas, we always make sure to maximize the air space between our panes.
- Argon Glass Blend – To fill the air space of our glass, we use an inert gas blend called argon. It helps improve the thermal performance of our windows.
- Spacer – We use a low-conductivity spacer made of stainless steel that performs better than ordinary aluminum spacers used in many windows. Stainless steel is also more durable, keeping the glass stable even with less material.
- Dual Seal – Our windows in Topeka come with two glass pane sealants: compressed butyl and a specially formulated silicone. Our precise sealing process helps prevent moisture in between the double-glazing, extending the service life of our units,
Together, these components make our replacement windows more energy-efficient than other options on the market. To learn more, call us at (855) 871-9140 or complete our form today. Watch out for the second part of this two-part blog where we’ll discuss the three glass options we offer.